Términos y condiciones
Adservice provides its services to you ("User"), subject to the following Terms of Service, which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
1. Access to the Services
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Adservice may offer to provide certain services solely for User's own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. Services shall include, but not be limited to the Adservice search engine. Adservice may change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. Adservice may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict User's access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. Adservice reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify this User Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the Site, or by sending User a notice via email or postal mail. User shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Use of the Services by User following such notification constitutes User's acceptance of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement as modified.
User certifies that it is legally permitted to use the Services and access the Site, and takes full responsibility for the selection and use of the Services and access of the Site. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions.
User shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access the Site or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service. User shall be responsible for ensuring that such equipment or ancillary services are compatible with the Services.
2. Site Content
The content and software on this Site is the property of Adservice and/or its suppliers and is protected by international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for your own personal, non-commercial use) from the Site. The Site and its contents may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. User shall abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
Adservice requests that, according to standard academic practice, if a User uses the Service for any research that results in an article, a book, or other publication, the User lists ScanSco ut as a resource in User's bibliography. User acknowledges and agrees that if User uses any of the Services to contribute Content to the Site, Adservice is hereby granted a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right to fully exploit such Content (including all related intellectual property rights) and to allow others to do so. User warrants, represents and agrees that it will not contribute any Content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party. Adservice reserves the right to remove any Content from the Site at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if Adservice is concerned that User may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all.
The audio content displayed as search results or linked to by Adservice are developed by people over whom Adservice has no control. The search results that appear from Adservice`s indices are indexed by Adservice automated machinery and computers. Adservice cannot and does not screen the sites before including them in the indices from which such automated search results are gathered. A search using Adservice may produce search results and links to sites that some people find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive. We cannot guarantee that a Adservice search will not locate unintended or objectionable content and assume no responsibility for the content of any site included in any search results or otherwise linked to by the Adservice.
3. Registration, Security, Restrictions and Prohibitions
- 3.1 As a condition to using certain Services, User may be required to register with Adservice and select a password and User name ("Adservice User ID"). User shall provide Adservice with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of User's account.
- 3.2 User may not (i) select or use as a Adservice User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) use as a Adservice a name subject to any rights of a person other than User without appropriate authorization. Adservice reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a Adservice User ID in its discretion. User shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of User's Adservice password.
- 3.3 User is responsible for all of its activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Site. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of Users right to Services or to access the Site. User may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Adservice user.
- 3.4 Use of the Site or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that which are deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited.
4. User Contributions and Privacy
- 4.1 There are many opportunities within the Site for you to actively participate. In the process of doing so, you may provide certain comments, suggestions, data, or other information to Adservice (collectively "Information"). Adservice shall have the right to retain and use any such Information in current or future products or services, without further compensation to you.
- 4.2 To the extent such Information is protectable under intellectual property laws, you agree to cooperate with Adservice as needed to obtain such protection as Adservice may desire and you agree to assign your rights to such Information to Adservice. Furthermore, Adservice may share aggregate (not personally identifiable) Information with its business partners or other third parties. Adservice will not, however, knowingly disclose personally identifiable Information to third parties unless required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, court order, or if necessary or appropriate to address an unlawful or harmful activity.
5. Warranty Disclaimer
Adservice has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to User. User acknowledges that Adservice has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site; what Content User accesses via the Site; what effects the Content may have on User; how User may interpret or use the Content; or what actions User may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. User releases Adservice from all liability for User having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct User to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Adservice makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Adservice will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, SITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO USER.
Adservice makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the site or any files linked to the site- E. C. P. ACT NOTICE (18 USC 2701-2711). Adservice will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Adservice's equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with User's use of the Services.
User will indemnify and hold Adservice, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of User's access to the Site, use of the Services, the violation of this Agreement by User, or the infringement by User, or any third party using the User's account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.]
7. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL Adservice BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY USER THEREFOR; OR (II) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO USER.
8. Fees and Payment
Some of the Services may require payment of fees. User shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Site in connection with such Services selected by User. Adservice reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time, which may be sent by email or posted on the Site. Use of the Services by User following such notification constitutes User's acceptance of any new or increased charges.
Either party may terminate the Services at any time by notifying the other party by any means. Adservice may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to the Site immediately, without prior notice or liability, if User breaches any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
Adservice shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Adservice's reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference).
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by User except with Adservice's prior written consent.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Uruguay without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. User agrees to personal jurisdiction by the courts sitting in Uruguay.
Both parties agree that this Agreement, Adservice's Privacy Statement, and other policies posted by Adservice on the Site are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
All modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and User does not have any authority of any kind to bind Adservice in any respect whatsoever.